Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Motivation..

Motivation is the driving force by which humans achieve their goals
This is what Wikipedia claims is the definition of Motivation..

Now what do I think Motivation is:

Having goals that are achievable. Wanting to succeed in the best way possible, and having ONE thing worth fighting for. If you can have ONE thing to fight for you can do anything you set your mind to.  Some people say their kids are worth fighting for- some say their spouse, or their family/friends/or even their job, but whatever that one thing is it has to be something amazing. Something that when you feel like giving up...you push harder then you ever have...you dedicate  your time making sure you succeed in whatever it is that you may be doing. 
Seeing the finish line is the an amazing feeling, but words dont describe what it feels like to pass the finish line. Achieving your goals, and not only for yourself, but for that one person, or thing that motivated you to get to the end.

I recently just started crossfit. I have always considered myself an "athlete" playing soccer for 16 years and what not, but soccer is over..Being in shape doesnt come as easy as 1.2.3.  I am not a morning person what so ever, but 6 am classes were the only one that fit my scheldule. I knew what I had to do. As much as I dont want to wake up at 515am to get to class, and as much as I feel like I am going to die during workouts...something in me MAKES ME PUSH THROUGH.

I can honestly say that my motivation is my dad and sister. We have been through a lot in the last few months, and pushing myself to become better to look better and to feel better, makes me see the strength that I have for myself. I know that I am strong with those 2 by my side, and I needed motivation to make sure that I was strong on my own. I could not do this without them and their support. To have people believe in you and KNOW that you can do it is such an amazing thing. ...They are my "people/things" worth fighting for.

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment